Yes Woody can cook. He is actually quite handy in the kitchen. It must be something to do with all the knives or something. Keep watching, maybe he'll share his recipe for Spanish Omlette, or Beef Wellington!
[ Welcome | What's New | Bugs |Download | Search ]
[ Ask Woody for help | About Woody | Woody's
interests | Articles | Tips ]
Updated:Wednesday, May 20, 1998
Recipies on this page
Ceviche, Cream of Onion, Garlic and Mushroom Soup, Turkey Breast EnCroute
Serves 4-5, prepare ahead of time
Pronounced Say-ve-Chay, Ceviche is a dish served in the Republic of
It is normally served as an appetizer. Most types of salt water fish
can be used, but Corvina seems to taste the best. You
can even make Ceviche with octopus (tastes great)
- 2 Cups Lemon Juice
- Cayene Pepper
- Black Pepper
- 2 Large Onions
- 1 Lb. Corvina (Bay scallops work well too)
- Dice the Corvina and the onions
- Place the lemon juice, corvina and onions in an airtight container
- Add water to the mixture till the onionand corvina are just covered
- Add Black Pepper and Cayene Pepper to individual preferences
- Seal container and let mixture sit in refrigerator for 24 Hours
- Drain, and serve in a small bowl with crackers
Cream of Onion, Garlic and Mushroom Soup
A thick soup that can serve as an appetizer or is hearty enough to serve
as a main course.
- 1.5 Lbs Mushrooms, diced
- 3 Large Onions, Diced
- 1.5 Sticks Butter
- 4 Sections of garlic, diced
- 1+ Cups Flour
- 1 Pint Chicken Broth
- 1 Bullion Cube
- 1 Pint Milk
- 1 Pint Heavy Cream
You can make a great potato soup by substituting diced potatoes for the
onions and mushrooms. Thin the roux by about 1/2 cup flour or the potato
soup will be too thick.
- Combine 1/2 stick butter, onions and mushrooms in pan. Saute till
onions are translucent
- Add garlic and saute 2 more minutes
- Remove from heat and put mixture into a large pot.
- Melt remaining butter. Once melted, slowly add flour till the butter
and flour form a roux.
- Add Chicken Broth, Bullion Cube and Milk to Onion, Mushroom, and
Garlic mixture. Place on stove over low heat.
- Add Cream to pot.
- Slowly stir roux into pot.
- Continue to simmer for 4-6 more hours over low heat. If the mixture
becomes too thick, thin by adding more milk.
- Serve hot,
Turkey Breast EnCroute
Turkey and vegetables in a bread pocket. A whole meal by itself.
- Diced Mushrooms (1 Lb.)
- 2 Medium Onions, Diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Diced
- Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 sick Margarine (For the filling)
- 6 Teaspoons Margarine (For the crust)
- 6 tablespoons Vanilla (or unflavored) Yogurt
- 2 Cups Flour
- 4 oz Turkey breast cooked and diced. For this you can use regular turkey breast, the prepackaged, pre-cooked turkey breast or even get turkeybreast at the store and cook it yourself.
Shortcut - If pressed for time, You can actually use pre-prepared biscuts (like Pop-in Fresh buscuits in the tube. Simple roll out each buscuit till it is thin and fill with the toppings. You can then skip the steps dealing with the preparation of the crust. These tend to be smaller (so make more)
- Completely mix Flour and Margarine
- Add in Yogurt, mix completely
- Place mixture in bowl, cover with clear plastic wrap and place in refrigerator
- Saute Mushrooms Mushrooms, Onions till the onions are translucent
- Add garlic and Dijon Mustard and saute for two more minutes
- Final Preparation
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Roll out crust till it is thin, cut three-four circular pieces of dough
- Place Mushroom, Onion, Mixture in 1/2 of each dough circle. top with some of the diced turkey
- Fold over 1/2 of circle with no toping. Cover the Turkey, Onions, Mushrroms. Fold and dough and pinch the edges to seal the mixture inside the dough.
- Place the pockets on a greased cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and cook for about 20 Minutes or untill the crust is golden brown.
- Serve Hot